Toshiba NB100-12A 8.9-inch Netbook


First thing to mention is that this Toshiba NB100-12A 8.9-inch Netbook comes with Windows XP. Having compared the competition (Acer, Asus, Dell) I decided on Toshiba.
The screen is as good as my old ultra-compact Sony Vaio (which cost £1600 when new incidentally), it boots up as quick as my brand new desktop which is running Windows Vista on a 64bit 2.4GHz processor, and web-surfing is as rapid as any computer I’ve used anywhere. The 120Gb hard drive is very welcome as is the 1Gb RAM. So far, I’ve happily had Microsoft Excel, adobe photoshop elements 6.0 and web surfing on Mozilla Firefox all going at once, and there was no hint of lag anywhere, and changing between programs was glitch free. Of course, anyone wanting to play graphics intensive games will know that they need much more grunt, but for normal use, it’s perfectly adequate. I can even edit my digital video files on it from a camcorder.